Evaluating The Challenge

This post is for the final challenge of the March 2011 Student Blogging Challenge.

student2011-2jfnv2qRegistration: Is two weeks early enough for registration to begin before the first challenge?

Two weeks was enough time for me and I think two or three weeks should be enough.

Subscription: Did you subscribe by RSS or email in order to get the posts as soon as they were published?

No, I just looked on the blog.

Student and class pages: How useful are these pages in the header of the blogging challenge?

I found them quite useful, and for homework in our class we had to pick a class blog to comment on off the class page.

The challenges:

Did you visit the actual challenge on the blog each week or did your teacher have a post on your class blog?

My teacher put a post on our blog linking to the blogging challenge blog.

Which challenges were the most useful?

The challenges that were the most useful are the ones that I had use a new tool or something that I hadn’t used before.

Which challenges were the most interesting?

Same as above

Are more tutorial type challenges needed? eg how to make a link in your post

No, but you could find a post on the edublogger blog to help  because it is just full of tutorials.

Were the ‘Visit these’ posts useful?

Yes, they were especially if get stuck on a challenge

Were the challenges where you had to embed ie polls, cartoons, wallwisher etc interesting or could you not embed due to being a free Edublogs blog or a blogging platform that didn’t allow embedding?

They were very interesting, I especially like using xtranormal and avairy.

Were there enough chances to visit blogs from overseas and make links with other students/classes?

Yes there was hundred of chances to visit overseas blogs.

In my opinion I think the blogging challenge is a great Idea, and the wide selction is good so you can pick the one you want to do the most.

4 thoughts on “Evaluating The Challenge

1. Teegan
    Great review of the blogging challenge, as you are one of the few in the class who completed most of the challenges, congratulations.
    I wonder how many other students would go to the trouble of visiting Edublogs to learn how to do something. You are a true independent learner. (There is a hitch in that line in the post, words have run together, they need a tweak!)
    Congratualations – you are a star. 🙂
    Miss T

2. Teegan:

great evaluations of the Student Blogs Challenge.

I like the way you suggested that new or interesting things that were challenging helped you learn the skills, values and attitudes.

Think a bit more about the difference between “useful” and “interesting”.